I am thinking about using railroad ties and building a shorter compost enclosure. Since I live on a small city lot, it is important that my yard looks nice. A friend of mine has an acre of land and is able to make a compost pile behind his garage and its not a big deal. Has anyone bought or built a compost structure that is economical and some what attractive? Please share your ideas!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Composting
This past summer I found a compost container at Mill's Fleet Farm and installed it on the side of my garage. As you can see, it is not extremely rigid. When we had the big wind storm here, the wind took the black plastic ring off of the plastic green poles and broke them all. The ones I bought to replace them are much longer. But in order to turn my pile, I need to take the ring off. It is not the best set up.

I am thinking about using railroad ties and building a shorter compost enclosure. Since I live on a small city lot, it is important that my yard looks nice. A friend of mine has an acre of land and is able to make a compost pile behind his garage and its not a big deal. Has anyone bought or built a compost structure that is economical and some what attractive? Please share your ideas!
I am thinking about using railroad ties and building a shorter compost enclosure. Since I live on a small city lot, it is important that my yard looks nice. A friend of mine has an acre of land and is able to make a compost pile behind his garage and its not a big deal. Has anyone bought or built a compost structure that is economical and some what attractive? Please share your ideas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Compost? Attractive? Surely you jest. But the railroad tie enclosure might work best in your yard. I'm just wondering how you'll use all that compost on your little garden.
ReplyDelete