Friday, November 21, 2008

Product Review--Lotion



I always have a very difficult time in winter with dry skin. Dry skin that really itches. The problem is compounded by the fact that once I start itching and then scratching, putting lotion on after that does not help.

I have used Bath and Body works heavy creams for a few years buying 3 or 4 at a time because that was the best deal. Then I found out they start breaking down as they get older and lose their smell. Well, they actually have a sort of plastic smell.

I have tried a number of different products from vaseline to eucerin. Recently I was putting on the Olay quench in the morning and by evening I was scratching again. So just on a whim, I decided to switch and put my Trader Joe's moisturizing lotion on right after my shower and see if that lasted. To my amazement, I have stopped itching at night. Now granted winter is just beginning, so I'll have to report back to let you know how the lotion holds up during the rest of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment