One way that I have been trying to reduce my carbon footprint is to bike more often. I have a collegue who rides his bike to work most days. He doesn't know it but he has inspired a personal challenge for me. I have finally gotten into the habit of riding my bike to the gym in the morning. I bought a second hand bright pink winter jacket, ski cap, and warm gloves to be comfortable now that the weather has gotten colder. I try to ride my bike to work too but that is not going as well. I end up scheduling appointments and such after work so I need to take my car. But every week I try to take the bike instead of the car a few times.
The bad weather makes it less enticing to ride. The other day I asked my collegue if he rode his bike because of the bad weather. He said no that he walked! Ugh! I have to walk now too? LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment