As hard as I try, it seems that I can't get away from collecting shopping bags. I don't mind the paper ones because I need to put my recycling into those. Those plastic grocery bags are the culprits.
I have gotten pretty good at bringing my own bags to the grocery store, it is all of the other stores I have problems with. I keep my bags in the car and just bring them in with me grocery shopping. It seems that many places are getting used to people bringing in their own and even giving you money back for bringing in your own. Yay! (I recently heard of grocery stores--I think in CA--charging shoppers if they didn't bring their own bags)
One problem I have found is that not all of the bags hold up and the cashiers have a more difficult time with some bags versus others. I used to have cloth and net bags. Cashiers didn't like those at all. They didn't stand rigid and it made it difficult to put things in. I bought a few of the green bags pictured from the local grocery store. They were nice at first but then, as you can see, they lost their shape. The white Trader Joe's bag is made from plastic bottles. The other two Trader Joe bags are heavier. All three of these Trader Joe bags have been holding up for me. I've been very happy with them.
Write and tell us what kind of bag you use that you like. Also, do you bring your bag with you to all stores or do you too end up with a gazillion plastic bags?
As for bringing bags to the store, I like my bag with a handle that I can carry over my shoulder. If I'm going to do a lot of grocery shopping, I bring my cart. And then I recycle the plastic bags.
ReplyDelete